Workplace giving campaigns allow employees to make regular donations to nonprofits through payroll deduction. These campaigns help people act on their good intentions. In fact, individuals give and average of five times more through workplace giving than they do when they write a check directly to an organization.
Workplace giving campaigns are the simplest, most efficient and effective way to raise money. Everyone benefits – the businesses, the donors, the member organizations – and ultimately, the whole community.
To Workplace Partners
- Confirms your community values
- Increases your company’s philanthropic profile at little cost
- Raises employee morale
- Adds value to job candidates who want to work for a company that cares about how it impacts and contributes to society
To Individual Donors
- Makes it easier to donate with smaller amounts automatically deducted from your paycheck throughout the year
- Offers true choice in giving – you decide how many organizations to give to and at what amount
- Provides confidence that member organizations are legitimate and responsibly managed
- Raises awareness of organizations within your community focusing on issues you care about
To Member Organizations
- Reaches more and new donors
- Increases exposure to individuals who may benefit from services they have to offer or become volunteers
- Allows vital resources to be used for programs, not fundraising
- Creates a network of like-minded nonprofits
Why Community Shares?
We focus on six issue areas – Building Strong Communities, Fostering Local Media and Art, Empowering People with Disabilities, Promoting Animal Welfare, Working for a Just Society, and Protecting the Environment – which are often underfunded.
In fact, for most of our members, your partnership with Community Shares is their only way to access workplace giving.
We respect our donors’ choices. Donors can choose to give any amount to as many organizations they wish. This makes it much easier to give than writing multiple checks.
We’ve taken out all of the non-essential components of a traditional workplace giving campaign. And although we think we have a pretty good program, we are flexible and will modify our campaign to make it best for your organization.