Purchase Tickets – Buy an Ad – Make a Donation – DOOR SALES ONLY
Date: Saturday, April 29th, 2017
Time: 6 to 11 pm
Place: Bearden Banquet Hall, 5806 Kingston Pike
Cost: $35 per person, $65 per couple ($275 for table of 10)
Events: Dinner, Awards Celebration, Silent & Live Auctions, Cash Bar & Entertainment
2017 Award Recipients:
- Danny Mayfield Champion of Change: Walter Davis
- Gardener of Change: Tory Mills
- Seed of Change: Karla Meza-Cruz
- Institution for Change: Yassin’s Falafel
- Artist of Change: Rhea Carmon
- Campaign for Change: Protect Public Education
The “Circle of Change” awards honor those in our community who give significant time and energy in the service of social change. There are five awards given out that night.
- The “Danny Mayfield Champion of Change” Award goes to a leader in our community who has championed an initiative or campaign whose goal is to change conditions that create injustice.
- The “Gardener of Change” award honors an educator who teaches their students to think critically about issues of injustice (locally, nationally or internationally) and encourages them to take action.
- The “Seed of Change” Award is given to a young person (under age 25) who has shown leadership, vision and courage in addressing injustice.
- The “Institution for Change” Award goes to a business or institution that has implemented an initiative that demonstrates socially conscious business practices in its dealings with the community.
- The “Artist of Change” Award is presented to an artist (not limited to the visual arts) who uses their art to create social change or demonstrates a connection between their art and social change.
- The “Campaign for Change” Award is presented to a campaign that worked in pursuit of social change, included grassroots support and had a significant impact on a constituency or the community at large.
- Shelley Wascom, Community Shares Executive Director
- Email: email@example.com
- 507 South Gay Street, Suite 1120, Knoxville, TN 37902