Purchase Tickets – CLICK HERE
Date: Saturday, April 11, 2015
Time: 6 to 11 pm
Place: Bearden Banquet Hall, 5806 Kingston Pike
Cost: $35 per person, $65 per couple ($275 for table of 10)
Events: Dinner, Awards Celebration, Silent & Live Auctions, Cash Bar & Entertainment
2015 Award Recipients:
- Danny Mayfield Champion of Change: Corinne Rovetti
- Gardener of Change: Gloria Johnson
- Seeds of Change: David Hayes, Angel Ibarra, and Jasmine (JT) Taylor
- Institution for Change: Joshalyn Hundley & the Title VI/EBOP Office of the City of Knoxville
- Artists of Change: Sparky and Rhonda Rucker
The “Circle of Change” awards honor those in our community who give significant time and energy in the service of social change. There are five awards given out that night.
- The “Danny Mayfield Champion of Change” Award goes to a leader in our community who has championed an initiative or campaign whose goal is to change conditions that create injustice.
- The “Gardener of Change” award honors an educator who teaches their students to think critically about issues of injustice (locally, nationally or internationally) and encourages them to take action.
- The “Seed of Change” Award is given to a young person (under age 25) who has shown leadership, vision and courage in addressing injustice.
- The “Institution for Change” Award goes to a business or institution that has implemented an initiative that demonstrates socially conscious business practices in its dealings with the community.
- The “Artist of Change” Award is presented to an artist (not limited to the visual arts) who uses their art to create social change or demonstrates a connection between their art and social change.
- Shelley Wascom, Community Shares Executive Director
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 507 South Gay Street, Suite 1120, Knoxville, TN 37902